#5 Reasons why attending Music Video Monthly on Tuesday, March 17th at Fortune Sound is a good idea..
1. It’s all about the music here and the line up performing is great. Enthusiastic, vibrant, energetic, diverse, impressive etc.. are just some words that come to mind when explaining the artists scheduled to perform Tuesday night. We have something for everyone. Whether its raps over boom bap, hip hop beats you crave, or chopped up samples with live instrumentation and beat looping with scratching, to eclectic rhythms and party rocking jams, to a full 5 piece band performing passionately with every ounce of energy and fortitude they have.. you literally have something for everyone at this event. Boredom and redundancy will not be an issue at #MusicVideoMonthly.
To find links and info about the artists performing, visit: MusicVideoMonthly/eventinfo.com
2. It’s Saint Patricks Day! After work many of you will already be out at your local pubs and bar stools downing a few pints of Irish beer and washing them back with a few shots of Irish whiskey but when those pubs slow down to a screeching halt, where are you going to go? Do you really feel like venturing into the nightclub district of downtown Vancouver where you’ll most likely get stuck paying an over-priced cover charge, listening to some band do Celtic cover songs or a DJ playing all the tunes you already hate listening to on the radio? No.. you don’t want that. Avoid the headache and come to Fortune Sound (located in the Chinatown district – 147 E. Pender St.) where you’ll feel like you can be yourself, wearing whatever gear you happen to have on at the moment and you won’t brake the bank coming in. Club closes at 1AM so you can get home and sleep off the night before your alarm starts buzzing again the next morning.. Only $5 at the door.
3. It’s Fortune Sound Club.. As many of you reading this already know, Fortune is one of the best venues in our city for live sound. The Funktion One sound system that this club boasts is by far one of the best in Vancouver. No constant feedback or static and very rarely will you find an artist constantly screaming back to the sound man to “Turn his mic up/down”. The atmosphere and ambiance of Fortune is also unique. It’s a comforting and welcoming club to visit with staff that are always accommodating and a pleasure to deal with. If “Cheers” (the 80’s sitcom about a cozy, local pub in Boston) could be a nightclub, it would be Fortune Sound.
4. We need your support! A big part of what we are providing at this event is live performance video shoots for the artists involved. They perform, we film and capture the performance and release it shortly after the event. But it’s not just about the artists on stage. We need a good audience on hand for all the crowd shots and that means having a lively bunch on the dance floor. Interactions between the musicians and the crowd is key for making these videos look as best as they can. That means the crowd plays almost as big of a role in these videos as the artists do themselves. It’s a cool feeling knowing that not only did you come out and see a good show and get more than your money’s worth, but you in fact played a key role in helping to support the videos produced as well.
5. Your supporting the thriving, local Vancouver / B.C. music scene. We have an amazing, unique and diverse music scene here in Van City that (in my humble opinion) could rival the bigger metropolis cities like New York or L.A. if only more people supported and knew about it. If you want to keep seeing this talent in your own backyard, you have to support it when shows like these come around. Many times people in Vancouver are just waiting for the next big American act to come play our city when there’s perfectly fine, top-notch, outstanding bands performing on any given night of the week right here, right now. Our goal with these videos is to further portray and showcase these artists on a wider, more global scale. Coming out and supporting a night like #MusicVideoMonthly will greatly help us achieve that goal… oh and like I said earlier, it’s only $5 at the door.
So there’s just a few reasons why coming out to #MusicVideoMonthly is quite possibly the best decision you’ll make all day, week or year! See you soon.
Links: MusicVideoMonthly/eventinfo.com X facebook/SpliffBreaks X @SpliffBreaks